I don’t usually write about current affairs on my blog but when I realised that the coronavirus outbreak could be the catalyst for one of the biggest shifts in consciousness we might experience this century, I knew I had to write about it. Also, after seeing the panic and confusion that this virus was arousing in the public made me feel that some guidance and perspective might be of help during this difficult time.
I am in no way an expert on this nor am I claiming to have all the answers to dealing with this situation. But I can say that I have been reading a hell of a lot on the details of this crisis since a world outbreak of the Coronavirus seemed inevitable and I felt compelled to share my understanding of it. I have also received some spiritual guidance and messages which I also wish to share with you that helped me understand the deeper meaning of this situation and what it is trying to teach us on a spiritual level. These may or may not resonate with you and either way that’s ok, but hopefully will you find something in this article that helps or inspires you.
My hope is to just help people who are struggling to find their way through the chaos and share some things that people can do right now.
A Spiritual Perspective of the Coronavirus
In short, it seems that the spiritual meaning behind the Coronavirus is all about a shake-up of the system as well as a system reboot. I believe everything has slowed down and come to a halt for this exact reason.
For many years, our civilisation has been trudging along with nothing really changing, nothing really getting any better just everything ticking along in the same old way, day in and day out. It felt that there would be no end to injustice, corruption, and suffering.
A sort of stagnancy and slumber reigned over our world whilst powerful elites got away with things that we couldn’t imagine in our wildest dreams. Many of these sorts of things were exposed last year (think of Epstein, Prince Andrew, and Harvey Weinstein as well as other scandals that are surfacing now). Perhaps the Coronavirus will not only trigger a shift in consciousness but also trigger a change in the system that might find its way to the higher echelons of power? I guess we will see.
Nonetheless, I see the Coronavirus as a stopping point and a time where we will get to experience a more naturally paced life. When I tapped into what was happening on a deeper level, my mind’s eye showed me a hand with the word stop and our world being turned upside down. The world being turned upside down I believe is an analogy for this system shake-up I just mentioned. To me, it seemed that the universe was saying enough, it’s time for a change in direction.
We do not know what the exact cause of this virus is (some have suggested it was deliberately spread and some believe it originated from animals and was spread naturally) but I do believe there is a Divine orchestration to this, even if there is a possibility this situation has been manipulated. In what other situation other than a virus outbreak would we be able to experience the halt of movement, travel, work, school, etc? I don’t think there is any other situation that would allow us to experience such a slow and quiet way of living.
We have become accustomed to living in such a busy way with the work-sleep-cycle and I believe that part of the reason for this virus is to show us how unnatural this type of living is. With all the distractions and pressures of daily working life, we have barely had time to develop our talents or further our interests. This is hopefully one gift that the Coronavirus will give us, particularly if more countries and areas go into lockdown.
Right now is the time to go inwards. Take the opportunity to reflect and do the inner work that you never have had time to do.
Italy is teaching us some wonderful lessons during all of this and here is one video of Italians making the most of their lockdown period. I love this show of solidarity and togetherness here (even though they have to keep physically apart). It just shows the true essence of humanity and what can happen in the face of adversity.
Coronavirus and the Collective Consciousness of Humanity
The Coronavirus is a collective lesson and I believe the fact that it has travelled all around the world is a testament to that. In spirituality, there is a belief that what is happening in the material world is a manifestation of what is happening at a deeper level of the collective consciousness.
So how does this situation connect with what is happening in the collective consciousness? Well, when I was tapping into this situation I felt that there had actually been an agreement on a higher level (on the level of our individual higher selves) by humanity to have this experience. As a race, it felt that humanity was ready to experience this kind of shakeup to enter the next phase of transition into a spiritually awakened society. (Read more about the Global Spiritual Awakening).
In some ways, this crisis is an initiation. Will we fall into the trap of fear, unnecessary panic buying, and selfishness or deal with this with caution, preparation, service to others and take this time to look after our physical, spiritual and mental health? We are at that choice point and it will come down to what decisions we make as an individual.
There are many lessons we can learn from this situation as a race and here, I believe, are some of the most important ones:
- The benefits of living a slow-paced and simple life
- Service to others
- The importance of maintaining our health
- The power of stillness
- Valuing the elderly
- The impact less human activity can have on our Earth
What Can We Do?
In times like this, it can be difficult to know what to do or what actions to take. Social distancing and isolation will probably be the reality for most of us for the next few months so there might be little we can do.
However, here are some things we can do to help ourselves and others:
- Join or start a Facebook support group for your local area – Facebook groups can be a wonderful way to connect with your local community and see if there is any way you can be of service.
- Reach out to elderly people who are self-isolating – The Elderly and those with health problems will most likely be the ones who will struggle the most during this time. If you know of elderly people living in your area, why not drop a note through their letterbox with your name and number so that they may contact you if they need something.
- Stay in touch with others – If you are social distancing and isolating yourself it is important to stay in touch with friends and family. This is the time where you may need to call on each other for help.
- Donate some food to a food bank – If you are venturing out to the shops then maybe get a bit of extra food to give to food banks. Many supermarkets have a place that you can drop off food for food banks.
- Maintain cleanliness and take precautions when outside and around other people – Take precaution when you are out and about so as not to infect yourself or others. This includes washing hands, using hand sanitiser (here is a recipe to make your own), mindful of contact with other people.
- Do things to keep up your mood and make you feel happy – Difficult times may be ahead so it is important to do things that help you to keep up your mood. This could be anything from reading, watching uplifting movies, meditation, learning a new skill or doing an online course.
- Yoga and exercise – If we aren’t going out and getting our daily dose of exercise it is important to make sure you are at least doing some exercise at home.
- Boost your immune system – It is so important at this time to look after our health and make sure we are eating healthy and immune-boosting food such as garlic, onion, ginger, lemon as well as supplements like echinacea and elderberry. Vitamin C and D3 are also vitamins that may help boost your immune system.
Don’t Fall Into Fear. Maintain Your Light
There are two ways of looking at this situation. We can either fall into fear and look at this as a catastrophic situation or we can look at this as an opportunity to learn and grow.
That is not to say that there isn’t a reason to be cautious and careful at this time because there definitely is but it is also important to stay calm and centered. I know it is difficult right now not to be fearful when it seems like the fabric of society is falling apart but fear will not do us any good.
Lightworkers, this is the time to use our skills. The world desperately needs our Light, and as most of us will be at home for a while with a lot of time on our hands, it is worth doing daily meditation and Lightwork to help raise the vibration of the planet. There is so much power in meditation and I ask all of you to just spend a few minutes a day saying some prayers and sending some Love and Light into the world.
We Will See Better Days
I do believe that all that is happening right is temporary. It also seems that it is a necessary step to reset our broken civilsation. No one can say what will happen after this but I feel we will experience some sort of rebirth. All I can say is that there are definitely better times to come. We just need to weather out the storm and do our best to help each other.
[efb_likebox fanpage_url=”smallripples” box_width=”250″ box_height=”” locale=”en_US” responsive=”0″ show_faces=”1″ show_stream=”0″ hide_cover=”0″ small_header=”0″ hide_cta=”0″ animate_effect=”No Effect” ]
2 responses to “A Spiritual Perspective Of The Coronavirus & The Small Actions We Can Take”
Thank you Arabella. I got into your writings at just the right time.
Thank you Jude! I am glad you enjoy my writing 🙂